Scroll for more options
For over 85 years, the term Caterpillar has been associated with robust and reliable machinery and heavy industrial vehicles. When you see the bright yellow colour of Caterpillar vehicles, you can be sure of the quality you get.
While Caterpillar offers you impeccable performance and durability, you also have a key role to play in the machine’s maintenance This is achieved through appropriate use and regular maintenance and repairs. In this regard, the component you should pay most attention to is the engine.
At 3K Calibrations, we provide Caterpillar EGR & DPF support services to ensure your engine offers you top performance throughout its lifespan.
Why Tune Your Caterpillar Engine?
If you work with Caterpillar industrial machines or are tasked to maintain them, you know all too well how repairs can be nightmarish. This is especially so with the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system. Moreover, you understand how expensive repair can be.
The EGR is designed to reduce emissions and protect the environment. However, it can decrease the lifespan of diesel engines and affect the performance of your Caterpillar machine. This happens due to the accumulation of carbon deposits that damages the cylinders. In turn, this causes the engine to overheat and wear out prematurely.
Some of the reasons to tune your Caterpillar engine include:
- Improve Performance and Response: Engine response has a significant influence on the performance of your vehicle. After performing Caterpillar EGR and DPF tuning, you’ll notice an increase in throttle response. Moreover, since the engine will be clean and free of carbon deposits, it will run better, further enhancing performance.
- Cost Savings: The good thing about Caterpillar engine tuning is that it keeps your engine in peak condition. In so doing, it reduces repair costs that you may pay down the line. In addition, it ensures your engine achieves the maximum lifespan, thus eliminating the cost of replacing it.
- Improved Fuel Economy: Aside from throttle, a key part of engine performance is fuel efficiency. As throttle and engine performance reduces due to damage and carbon deposits, so too will fuel efficiency. As such, you’ll enjoy improved fuel economy after Caterpillar EGR service .
Get the Best out of Your Machine
Are you thinking of tuning your Caterpillar EGR and DPF? If yes, you’re on the right path and in the right place. At 3K Calibrations, we have a team of experts and a wide range of plug & play tuning systems designed to enhance the performance of Caterpillars.
Find Your Make & Model
What's involved in the 3K Calibrations tuning process?
1. We ship you our custom tuning box.
Note: if you're local, you can come to our shop.
If you need a laptop and Nexiq USB Link 2, we can provide all necessary tools for programming.
2. You hook it up — we dial it in.
3. We provide ongoing support.
What are the benefits of an EGR delete?
Getting rid of your EGR is only part of the solution. With custom tuning, we can program your truck to fit your specific needs. Long-haul trucker heading through the Cascades? We'll give you a boost in torque and improve your fuel economy. The long-term effects are important as well: rather than continuing to recycle the exhaust gas through your engine, your diesel engine will perform cleaner and with more power than before.
What kind of HP gain can I expect?
Is custom tuning really worth it? I've seen cheaper prices out there.
Drag the sliders on the calculator to see how much you'll save.
Live from Google Reviews
Scroll for more options