Scroll for more options
If there's a name that's synonymous with diesel engines, it's got to be Cummins. For starters, it's the brainchild of Clessie Cummins, who is recognized as the inventor of the diesel engine in the 1930s. Since then, Cummins engines have cemented their stature of reliability and durability.
Even still, Cummins engines are prone to issues that can result in unplanned downtime and cost a lot of money. The side effects of DPF and EGR issues on your engine include:
- Turbo issues
- High fuel consumption
- Reduced power
At 3K Calibrations, we understand how such performance issues can be frustrating and significantly impact work. That’s why we offer Cummins EGR and DPF support to enhance the performance and lifespan of your Cummins engine.
Effects of EGR and DPF on Cummins Engine
Without proper maintenance, there’ll be a buildup of carbon deposits in your engine. This will result in:
- High exhaust temperature and back-pressure
- Increased DPF regeneration cycles leading to complaints from other road users due to excess exhaust smoke
- Blockage of the Diesel Particulate Filters
- Inefficient fuel use and high intake temperature
- Increased coolant temperature
- Regular failure of the EGR cooler leads to piston/valve and turbo issues
- Increased fan ON time by as much as 80%
- Problems with EGR electronic components
- High soot in the intake
- High soot loading in the engine oil necessitates more frequent oil changes and impacts wear and tear
- Increased time off the road
How We Can Help
We offer custom Cummins EGR & DPF tuning to keep your trucks in peak performance. You can pull out your ECM and bring it to our location in Abbotsford, BC. . Alternatively, you can mail the ECM to us from anywhere in the world, and we'll do the tuning and send it back to you.
And if this does not work for you, we can ship our custom tuning box to you within a day of request. It will come with all the necessary programming tools, including a laptop. Once it arrives, all you have to do is give us a call, and we’ll handle the tuning from our side.
As you can see, there’s no excuse not to have your Cummins engine performing at its best at all times.
Find Your Make & Model
What's involved in the 3K Calibrations tuning process?
1. We ship you our custom tuning box.
Note: if you're local, you can come to our shop.
If you need a laptop and Nexiq USB Link 2, we can provide all necessary tools for programming.
2. You hook it up — we dial it in.
3. We provide ongoing support.
What are the benefits of an EGR delete?
Getting rid of your EGR is only part of the solution. With custom tuning, we can program your truck to fit your specific needs. Long-haul trucker heading through the Cascades? We'll give you a boost in torque and improve your fuel economy. The long-term effects are important as well: rather than continuing to recycle the exhaust gas through your engine, your diesel engine will perform cleaner and with more power than before.
Is custom tuning really worth it? I've seen cheaper prices out there.
Drag the sliders on the calculator to see how much you'll save.
Live from Google Reviews
Scroll for more options